Sunday 18 September 2016

Artist burnout recovery

Just wanted to share with you, a month or so ago I was pretty down and felt burnt out, I became ill and was forced to take nearly a week off, just lying on the sofa and trying to recover, it was so frustrating to me but I obviously needed it, then after many days just reading, taking the dogs to the beach etc, I sat at my easel and tried to draw, nothing came, I did something else, the next day I tried again and did a little background and felt it was rubbish. 

No matter how many times I tried I just couldn't get into the zone, I was doodling like a 3 year old. Instead of getting sad I concentrated on doing Kelly Rae Roberts Flying lessons, learning from Leonie Dawson academy, browsing pinterest and making plans in my bujo.


 Then a couple of days ago I woke up with an idea and tonight I finished Autumn girl, I am so happy I feel like this is the best art I have done so far. Sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies and come back even stronger 



Rest when we need to and take time to just be, how many times do you watch a film and be on your phone or knit at the same time?
 

We need to get back to living in the moment and totally being absorbed in one thing at a time.



Love Dotty xx

No comments: