Monday 27 February 2017

boho decor bliss

I have been in a bit of a boho bliss here, I haven't had as many orders as January, so have taken some time to concentrate on our home and get around to the creative things I have been wanting to do for some time. 

Oh my goddess I am in love! I finished my giant dream catcher from a hula hoop complete with rose lights, beads, vintage lace, ribbon, wool, feathers from one of our past chickens, vintage doilies and vintage mirror beads from an evening jacket collar. It's take me the best part of a day to make but I couldn't be happier



 I'm also making over a cupboard in the dining room that was a fifties cupboard I have had for years and it was looking tired and dull, every time I ate my dinner I looked at it and thought it looked dreary so I put all the other millions of jobs aside and started late last night, it's evolving and developing into something lovely. I have some gorgeous vintage embroidered ribbon and Pom Pom trim to embellish it when it's finally finished, still a long way to go yet



Its nice to have chance to do some things just to play, but the guilt of 'should be' is always there, in this society we are super conditioned that we should always be doing things to make money, to get higher, to achieve more etc.

Sometimes its good to step back and just be.
 

No comments: